Hot on the Forums: How Long Could You Stay on the Same Ship?

May 1, 2014 | By | 51 Comments

It’s often said that the latest and greatest cruise ships have so many attractions, you could stay onboard for a month and never get bored. But does anyone put it to the test?
As proof that it happens, we cite this entertaingly bemused post by member LMaxwell whose elderly neighbor stayed on Oasis of the Seas for five weeks – without getting off.
“He booked four cruises in a row on Oasis [one of Royal Caribbean’s largest ships] as a single in a GS [Grand Suite],” LMaxwell explained. “He said they offered him a cheapo deal on an OV [Ocean View] cabin so he decided to stay a fifth week.”

When our poster inquired politely how the gentlemen found his month-long stay in Oasis of the Seas’ Grand Suite, his reply was remarkably understated.
“I don’t even want to KNOW what it costs to travel as a single in a GS for a month,” LMaxwell wrote. “I asked how he liked it and he said, ‘Oh, it was very nice.'”
Nice, indeed. The smallest suites on Oasis are quite large even for two people, and some offer Jacuzzis and grand pianos.
What’s perhaps more intriguing, though, is the fact that our super cruiser didn’t disembark the ship at any of the Caribbean ports of call over five weeks of cruising.
LMaxwell continues: “I asked why five weeks on a ship and he said he was intrigued to see all the shows and everything on the ship, as opposed to world traveling. Said it took him about three weeks at a casual pace to see and do everything and then two weeks just relaxing and didn’t bother to disembark at ports.”
Even on a big, entertainment-filled ship like Oasis, not getting off for five weeks is remarkable … even a bit daunting. For those of us who tire of crowds, making an escape from time to time would be especially necessary on a big ship like Oasis.
LACruiser comments: “We are D+ [Diamond Plus] and truly love cruising, but if I had to stay on the same ship, repeating the same itinerary, eating the same meals I’d lose my mind. Not to mention how much weight I’d gain!”
Quite. Maybe the septuagenarian gentleman is a massive fan of Hairspray (he should certainly know all the words by now). Maybe he burned off all the calories on the surf simulator. Perhaps when cabin fever set in, he scaled the climbing wall a few times.
What also impressed LMaxwell was also how quickly his neighbor rocketed from zero to Diamond status in Royal Caribbean’s loyalty program: “He went from 0 cruise points (had never sailed with RCI) to 98 points.”
Members of RCI’s loyalty scheme earn one Cruise Point for every night on board, double if they book a suite, and bonus points for single occupancy. Whereas it takes some cruisers take years to attain Diamond status — the original poster took 22 years to reach it — this gentleman made it in one extended holiday. It’s a bit like flying to Australia and back three times on British Airways in First class, just to attain Gold status as quickly as possible.
Would you stay on a ship for a month without going ashore? Let us know in the comments.

Comments

51 Responses to “Hot on the Forums: How Long Could You Stay on the Same Ship?”

1. Scott M
      May 1st, 2014 @ 1:39 pm

We just went on the Carnival Breeze for the 8 night Southern Caribbean cruise. We were bored to death after the 3rd day because of the lack of adult geared activities. Not sure if we will ever cruise on Carnival again. The last two cruises have been a disappointment.

2. P. Hinds
      May 2nd, 2014 @ 9:38 am

Well, as any “old navy” man/woman can attest 30-60 days afloat in an “inside cabin”, pretty monotonous chow, and little entertainment but lots of work is very doable!!

I much prefer being a passenger with a balcony, various food selections and the occasional big show. Of course I can spent many hours sitting on the veranda, soaking the sun and enjoying a drink during sea days!!

Love the 2 week plus repositioning cruises with lots of sea days. Would like to do a “round the world” cruise. I am not much for the club scene and would rather snorkle and dive than sit on the beach.

3. Diller12
      May 2nd, 2014 @ 4:46 pm

You Can only get out of a cruise what you want to get out of it. Getting Bored after 3 days, Means it’s not your thing. And thats Ok….
      I Myself can and Have sat in the same Chair for 13 hours a day, for 6 days, and could do so for a 100.. And be Happy Happy Happy…
      “O” PS. And Very Drunk…

4. janell
      May 2nd, 2014 @ 4:54 pm

I could spend a month , no problem just could not afford a month at the cost of cruise and the cost of the drinks. But bored no I would not be, as I enjoy being on my balcony reading and being totally unconnected to the wifi world. I love not hearing phones, and having people walk by me looking like a idiot talking to themselves on their bluetooth. And there is always something to do on the ship, we have been on 8 cruises and have yet to get board. we enjoy the sea days as it is a much more relaxed time. What would be nice if you could have 2 days at a stop so you would not feel so rushed as getting so many people on and off the ship is the worse part of the cruise the standing waiting in lines, and having people act like they are better than the ones who are where they are suppose to be and you are not and expect to be let off the ship right now as you did not count on the line being so long to get off the ship. But like I said a month would be great if it was affordable

5. Deborah Greenaway
      May 2nd, 2014 @ 4:55 pm

15 days repositioning criuse from Singapore, m9 days at sea, was wonderful. We got to learn the relaxed lifestyle of real cruisung on the Voyager. Considering a world trip

6. Sylvia Mason
      May 2nd, 2014 @ 5:23 pm

I have been on 42 cruises beginning in 1966 and my dream is to go on a World Cruise. I recently did a transatlantic and did take 2 tours only because they were to places that I had never been. However, this was in the first 4 days and the remaining 12 days we in crossing and in visiting 3 islands in the Caribbean where I had been to previously, so I didn’t get off the ship and I have always said that I really don’t care where the ship goes, it’s being on the water that I love. So, I know that I could go for long periods of time without getting off. As long as I can use the pool and can eat, and get enough exercise to not gain weight, it would be a problem for me. With all of the different choices one now gets for meals, I know I wouldn’t become bored with meals. I’ve been on a 3 week cruise and just loved it and my dream will always be a world cruise and that can only happen if I win the lottery!!!

7. Ray W
      May 2nd, 2014 @ 5:25 pm

We took a 12 day cruise on Royal Caribbean in the Mediterranean in November of last year. It was a wonderful cruise…we absolutely enjoyed it. Twelve days was enough, though. Many stayed on for the repositioning cruise to New Orleans. We didn’t care to do that.

8. Mike
      May 2nd, 2014 @ 5:27 pm

The longest I’ve ever done has been twenty-one days (a 16 day Panama Canal repositioning cruise plus a 5 day tacked on cruise). That was way too short for me. I would love to do a longer cruise!

9. Sylvia Mason
      May 2nd, 2014 @ 5:27 pm

I have been on 42 cruises beginning in 1966 and my dream is to go on a World Cruise. I recently did a transatlantic and did take 2 tours but only because they were to places that I had never been. However, this was in the first 4 days and the remaining 12 days were in crossing and visited 3 islands in the Caribbean where I had been to previously, so I didn’t get off the ship. I have always said that I really don’t care where the ship goes, it’s being on the water that I love. So, I know that I could go for long periods of time without getting off. As long as I can use the pool and can eat, and get enough exercise to not gain weight, it wouldn’t be a problem for me. With all of the different choices one now gets for meals, I know I wouldn’t become bored with meals. I’ve been on a 3 week cruise and just loved it and my dream will always be a world cruise and that can only happen if I win the lottery!!!

10. maureen
      May 2nd, 2014 @ 5:40 pm

Being in a Suite you get lots of extras. A butler, larger balcony. You eat in speciality resurants for breakfast and lunch and can take guest. It’s got a lot of benefits. Staff on the ship know you. I could do it. If you don’t tell anyone who knows you are alone. Party on Dude

11. S. E.
      May 2nd, 2014 @ 6:34 pm

I’m a little worried about our 14 night RCI Legend of the Seas trip. Between the boat being small and older, I fear we are going to be lacking in the entertainment department.

12. Marie Allen
      May 2nd, 2014 @ 6:58 pm

Yes we are not club people but love the big shows have cruised 23 times since 1975 on many ships and have found charm and excitement on all , next cruise 13 August 2014 in the Baltic on celebrity constellation and still I get excited thinking of ports and sea days

13. Ruth
      May 2nd, 2014 @ 6:59 pm

88 days in an inside cabin on the same ship – did go ashore …. then 95 days – 25 on one ship transfer to sister ship for 70 days… love the long cruises… and ship board life. World cruise hopefully in 2016. 115 days …
      843

14. Deb V
      May 2nd, 2014 @ 7:13 pm

We did 2 weeks and only got off one time. We loved every minute of it. Actually had alot of ‘quiet’ time. Will go 5 times again this year along with a Transatlantic. We are 59& 66!

15. Shepard Smith
      May 2nd, 2014 @ 7:31 pm

You have to understand where he is coming from. If he is 70 plus then he is ripe for assisted living or worse. As alternative to this, living on ship is much preferred. A nice balcony or junior suite would be far less and offer far more to do.

We came across what appeared to be a widowed woman who was living onboard the ship. All the crew knew her by her first name and treated her with courtesy and respect. Does that sound so bad as alternative to being warehoused in senior living.

When my wife semi retires ( I already am) we will be looking forward to a month at sea. Our next cruise is 18 nights Sydney to Honolulu and this really looks nice. The longer the better under circumstances of warm weather and good seas is a slice of heaven.

16. Brian
      May 2nd, 2014 @ 7:40 pm

I would do the 4 weeks without flinching. I would do a lot of reading and writing (I’m a wanna-be author), in addition to the ship’s activities (love trivia games) and meeting and conversing with people. Sign me up!

17. D. Reid
      May 2nd, 2014 @ 7:46 pm

Having also spent a career in the Navy, where in some cases we were at sea, out of sight of land, for 30+ days, and on a 21 day rotating menu, with little or no current movies, and no TV, no stage shows, and working 12 on, 12 off, while it’s been many years since I retired, I’ve not suffered any during any cruises we’ve taken – in fact, I’ve felt they’ve been way too short!! Staying on board during port visits on a cruise ship is sometimes the quietest most relaxing time of the cruise!! I’m ready to sail right now!!!

18. Garrick Gaffigan
      May 2nd, 2014 @ 7:46 pm

I would have no problem spending months at a time on the Celebrity Solstice class ships. I’d certinly do it long before entering any sort of “assisted living” type situation or retirement village.

19. Randi
      May 2nd, 2014 @ 8:27 pm

Oh Heck no. Our first cruise was last year on Celebrity. We took a 7 day carribean cruise. 7 days was 2 days too many, our second cruise this past March was 5 days and we got off in all( two) ports.

20. Paul Palmer
      May 2nd, 2014 @ 8:41 pm

We just returned from two weeks on the Oasis of the Seas. We booked a 12 night transatlantic on the Allure to Barcelona and then a 13 night Mediterranean on the Vision of the Seas…not on same ship but 25 days …. Can’t wait. I would spend six months on the Oasis of the Seas if I could afford it…no reason to leave.

21. Woody
      May 3rd, 2014 @ 2:49 am

I could easily do it. Spent 43 days (out of 50) on 4 cruises in our first ever cruise holiday. I could have hopped back on and did it all in reverse if I had the time and money. Albeit on 4 different ships. I think there is enough variety in the menus/buffet to keep me happy food wise.The cost of a few drinks a day would add up but I could get by at a pinch with water and the complimentary lemonade and coffee etc. Trivia, the pool, reading, shows and other activities would insure I was not bored and while I mainly just walked around and have a beer a meal and a swim at most ports I they would break things up even if they were the same ones.
      Of course the big bonus would be getting to meet so many different people and sharing you experiences and customs.

22. Cindy Simon
      May 3rd, 2014 @ 3:58 am

Vacation means rest for me. I look in wonder at those who must be going, going, going and constantly entertained by organized activities. Give me some sunshine, a bit of a breeze, a book or two (maybe), and I am happy with my own company to rest and recover from the day-to-day going and doing. As to one comment about ‘getting away from the crowds’, when darn near everyone gets off the ship in port–there go the crowds and I would have the ship almost to myself….

23. William Lovell
      May 3rd, 2014 @ 9:38 am

My wife and I have been on 36 cruises….an assortment involving Carnival, RCCL, Norwegian and Princess….I can truly say that we have never ever thought to ourselves…”wow, I’m glad this one’s over”……even a couple of times when choppy waters made me seasick….you either love it or you don’t !Cruising is what makes “our world” go round!

24. Densie
      May 3rd, 2014 @ 10:05 am

I am volunteering to give it a try!

25. Kyra
      May 3rd, 2014 @ 11:10 am

I can’t imagine getting bored after 3 days on the Breeze. Don’t you know how to relax and entertain yourself? I can sit and watch the people go by for hours on any ship ( and no I am not 85 years old)
      I love being on the serenity deck and just do nothing, maybe play a board or card game, read a bit , take a nap. Isn’t that what cruising is all about?
      I think i could easily do three weeks on a ship…if i had the money.

26. Nancy G
      May 3rd, 2014 @ 11:24 am

I would love to do what that gentleman did. I may not have the funds for the suite, but inside room is good enough for me. I always seem to find quite spots on the ship if I want solitude with a view or for people watching. I would love to retire and live on a ship instead of a retirement home someday. I have heard it is cheaper. As for being bored after three days all depends on what you are expecting out of a cruise. Activities I can get at home. Clubs and dancing I can get at home. Meeting people from around the country and around the world is easier on a cruise and I certainly cannot see that gorgeous, blue ocean water from my back porch. When we were younger, we hurried to be one of the first off the ship at ports of call. Now we are happy to enjoy the almost empty ship in ports we have visited on several occasions. Traveling by cruise ship to see the world is the best. You know you will always visit wonderful places and come back on board to a clean room, safe water, safe food and safe travel.

27. Carmen
      May 3rd, 2014 @ 12:31 pm

Seeing that some people’s daily world is just about as big as the Oasis, I can conclude that some would find an extended stay very exciting. Perhaps an older generation could do it, but those of the millennial persuasion with short attention spans and a need for new information and intake could not.

28. SP
      May 3rd, 2014 @ 1:06 pm

Not hard at all and could never get bored. The longest we have cruised was btb on Brilliance of the Seas in the Mediterranean for a total of 28 day. Would love to do a really long cruise someday. We always look for at least a 14 day. We have gone on 7 day ones just to experience Oasis and Allure, but when we are not just doing a novelty cruise like those we definitely want at least 14 days or more in length. Longer cruises are better than having to piece them together with btb itineraries. I would just stay on forever if they didn’t take my luggage the night before!

29. Melanie
      May 3rd, 2014 @ 2:57 pm

We spent 14 nights on RCCL Legend in the Med. a few years ago. Because there were so many ports, and only a couple of days at sea it was a lot of fun. There were 4 of us (2 adults, 2 kids) sharing a veranda cabin, though.. that got old. My son (6 years old at the time) kissed the hotel in Rome because he was glad to be on solid ground. :)

30. Helene Camissar
      May 3rd, 2014 @ 6:14 pm

I will take 2 cruise companies, Azamara and Cunard. With both these companies we had cruises of 24 nights and were most upset to disembark. Could definitely have spent a good few extra weeks on board. I don’t need 24 hour entertainment. As long as I am comfortable and can really relax that is the key for me to a good cruise. Prefer to have good company and great chats about other parts of the world and with both these cruise lines we achieved just that.

31. Ian Glenday
      May 3rd, 2014 @ 6:49 pm

Back when we were cruising from Manhattan to Bermuda on Song of America we met a lovely lady named Patty. Last we saw her on Nordic Empress she had done 60 seven night cruises back to back. She got off the ship just lkng enough to go to her condo in NYC do some chores then back onto the ship. Many years later we ran into our cruise director John Blair from those days on Monarch OTS out of Port Everglades. When asked about Patty he told ud the she ended up doing 120 consecutive cruises before she moved to Princess as she was getting bored.

32. Peggy E
      May 3rd, 2014 @ 8:15 pm

WOW,I can’t imagine anyone beginning bored on the Carnival Breeze. I just went on th 6 night cruise back in February and wished I would have had the time and money to stay on board and do the 8 night one right behind. There was lots to do. We went everynight to Ocean Plaza Bar and watch the band #rhythmnation. They were an awesome band with lots of variety of music. Food was great. Comedy was pretty good. Loved the Carnival Breeze!!!

33. Peggy E
      May 3rd, 2014 @ 8:16 pm

**being

34. Linda
      May 7th, 2014 @ 2:03 pm

There is a certain type of cruise passenger that cruise the luxury lines that often stay on a ship for 70 to 120 days. You create friendships and a relationship with the ships staff like you would at a place you live. You rarely go on the same ship a second time that you do not know crew or passengers. We prefer a day at sea and then a port for a relaxing trip. Our longest cruise was 78 days.

35. Anne
      May 7th, 2014 @ 2:07 pm

We have sailed on 4, 30+ day cruises. We loved it, did not want to get off. The first was from Vancouver BC through the Panama Canal, up the Amazon and then to Tampa Bay.
      The second was a cruise from Athens to Ft. Lauderdale. 3rd, 35 day Hawaii – Tahiti cruise. Last year we did the 35 day Voyage of the Vikings.
      It helps if you have a balcony! Our Panama/Amazon was the only cruise that wasn’t a balcony.
      I know that at the beginning of our first long cruise, I was hesitant, but on day 34, we did not want to get off the ship and seriously considered staying on for another 2 weeks.

36. Michelle
      May 7th, 2014 @ 2:39 pm

My dream is to stay on a cruise ship to see how long it takes to get bored! Our longest so far was on RCCL liberty for 19 days. While we did get off a few times.. Our favorite time was our sea days. We were not ready to go home at the end. Now if we could win the lottery to bring my dream to fruition

37. Stephanie Chazalon
      May 7th, 2014 @ 2:56 pm

To date, our longest time on one ship was 36 days, on the Ryndam. When it came time to leave I can honestly say I would have happily remained on board for another 36 days. Needless to say this was a few back to back cruises.

It makes very little difference as to our accommodation – we are happy on ship. The main difference between having an inside cabin and a veranda one is that my husband likes to sit out on the balcony to read and we will watch the sail-aways from our own balcony versus a railing on deck somewhere if we don’t have a balcony.

Anyone who gets bored must be a boring person with little imagination to start with as there are tons of things to do on ship if one wants to be active – and nice libraries, movies, and lectures if one wants to sit and relax.

We pick the longest cruises we can afford at the time – would never consider just a week or 10 days again as not worth the hassle of flights for a short holiday.

We have never become tired or bored with the food – there is sufficient variety to ensure something different at every meal. As far as we are concerned – Holland America has the best food at sea…

If I won a lottery or suddenly had the funds to do so-I’d stay on a ship for about 5 or 6 months – get away from winter – cruise around the world. Cruising is one of the most perfect vacations one can enjoy – in my opinion.

38. Erwin B
      May 7th, 2014 @ 3:31 pm

We have the good fortune to have sailed on 52 cruises of varying length from 7 to 62 continuous days. We are “elderly”, mid 80’s now. Have sailed since 1993, on Holland America, NCL, Royal Carib, Princess, Cunard. Total about 535 days. We “run away” in winter by taking 21 days December prior to holidays, then go home for Holiday Season, about 12 days. Return to SAME SHIP in recent years, for 9 weeks, Past couple years, B2B 7 & 14 days 63 days. Our reasoning, is NO SNOW in Carib.
      We did one winter San Diego to Hawaii, Tahiti, return to San Diego, on to Lima Peru and return to SD. This was 60 days plus 28 days Pancanal RT.
      We never become bored. Create a daily routine (much as at home), meals, board games, fitness center daily, evening show, ending day with music in lounge (classical) by violin and piano, or 4 strings, depending on ship.
      WE LOVE IT. Now, try to stay healthy and continue this lifestyle, that is the key.

39. Erwin B
      May 7th, 2014 @ 3:36 pm

I might add: It was not always as wonderful as these comments appear to be. It took lots of hard work, perseverance, and love to create this.

40. Anne Missig
      May 7th, 2014 @ 3:45 pm

ABSOLUTELY! Would love it. So far, the longest I have done is 14 nights (b2b)…would love longer.

41. Andrea Bailly
      May 7th, 2014 @ 4:28 pm

My husband Rene and I would love to live on a cruise ship.We have done two long cruises (halfway round the world) and didn’t want to get off. We loved every second of our adventure, even the rough seas times.
      We did disembark at every port though. We loved our port days and our long stretches of at sea days.
      We would love the opportunity to trying living on a cruise ship!!!!!!!!!

42. Susan R
      May 7th, 2014 @ 4:33 pm

First cruise to Alaska 1988. We have now sailed our 37th this spring (14 days) and our 38th (12 days) is scheduled for November. Longest trip so far: 30 days in the South Pacific. We prefer a minimum of 14 days. Love cruising, and we don’t care if we get off the ship at all. It is the “ships” that we love and the total cruise experience.

43. Tammy K
      May 7th, 2014 @ 5:07 pm

Absolutely!!!! But, I would want to get off in ports I have not been to before. I actually received an offer from an online cruise site that offered a 188 day cruise! If I was retired, I would so be there!!! We’ve done 3 week Alaska cruisetours, Panama Canal, 15 day New England and most of our cruises are B2B. The airfare is usually the expensive part so if I’m going, I’m going for more than a week. We always do a Jr. Suite on RCI!! Inaugural Quantum B2B is next!

44. Steve S
      May 7th, 2014 @ 5:31 pm

About 15 yrs ago, I took my cousin on her first cruise (w. carib Veendam). 2nd day out of FLL was at sea. Our fav thing to do was to sit reading in a deck chair, nudge the other, point out to sea and say “Look! Nothing!”
      My longest cruise was 11 day Hawaiian, 6 days around the islands, and 5 days across the Pacific! (On The Legend of the Seas).

45. leslie M
      May 7th, 2014 @ 5:57 pm

I just returned home from a 49 day cruise. I have cruised a lot since 1972 and although most of my cruises have been long durations, this one was just too long. It doesn’t help when you also become ill, because of the many passengers who spread their gawd awful germs!!
      I was never bored, but was very ready to disembark and get home.

46. Simone
      May 7th, 2014 @ 6:22 pm

I could live on a Cruise Ship. RCCL and Princess are my favorite so far. The longest being 17 nights on Princess to Hawaii. This year I will be Cruising for the first time on Norwegian Jade for 21 nights. This will be the longest and my first time on Norwegian. I’ll also be in Rome for 7 days before the Cruise. Celebrating my 65th Birthday. I’m looking forward to a “World Cruise” sometime in the future. My friends and I Cruise every year. I’ve been Cruising for 17 years. Best way to see the World, in my opinion. HAPPY CRUISING CRUISE FRIENDS

47. Terry
      May 7th, 2014 @ 11:08 pm

Just got off of the Pacific Princess in Vancouver on Saturday after 32 days aboard. It was fantastic! 3 B2B’s, first around Tahiti, then Tahiti to Honolulu and finally Honolulu to Vancouver. We DID getoff the ship though at almost every opportunity. Someone mentioned crowds….no crowds on Pacific Princess, 680 maximum passengers. Not as many different things to do but more than enough to keep us running from event to event. We are home now to rest up.

48. Randy
      May 8th, 2014 @ 9:44 pm

We are booked on the Oasis of the Seas for a total of 44 days at sea in September 2014 when the ship goes to Europe for refurb and return to Ft Lauderdale. With a a 2 week tour of Europe while the ship is in the yard.

Looking foreward to the trip.

49. Nancy
      May 10th, 2014 @ 7:00 am

When my Dh and I were married we put travelling in our wedding vows…..43 years later we are still moving around the world – BUT we no longer take heavy luggage or backpacks. We do B2B2B cruising interspersed with independent land trips and beach breaks! We have taken our kids out of school and travelled around the globe… and are now looking forward to taking our 10 grandchildren on a journey. We have spent 46-52 days onboard and never get bored. Hubby likes to read in the shade and I like the sun! Cruising works for us as long as the price is right and the ports look interesting! We are happy in our own skin and we are easily amused!

50. Sally Shutts
      May 14th, 2014 @ 2:43 pm

We started out with the typical week long cruises and after upping it to a very enjoyabe 46 day trip around South America we decided to try 112 day world cruise . At the end we hated getting off. We had such a wonderful time in ports and at see and have made life long friends that we now travel with. Thinking this was a once in a life time experience we re-evaluated and guess what….we are now busy on CC planning excursions for our 180 Day Around The World Oceania Cruise. We are just thrilled! Will say my only requirement is a balcony…though we made friends who took inside cabins which means they can double their sea days. If you have the opportunity to see the world do it while you are physically able to!!!!

51. Larry
      May 21st, 2014 @ 10:40 pm

S.E. –about the Legend Of The Seas, we were on a 15 day Panama Canal transit cruise in March of this year. We enjoyed the cruise, but your worry about entertainment is well-founded. Entertainment venues are limited. They showed movies in the theater every day, but the equipment broke down on three occasions. Movies were shown in the evening on the pool deck where it was cold – I don’t know if many people watched them. The talent in the evening live shows was inconsistent. But the small ship created an intimate feeling that is lost on the larger ships. We were sailing with my sister-in-law, her husband, their married daughter and her husband. Although we planned to do our own thing during the sea days, we were constantly running into each other. I guess it depends on what you expect to get out of the cruise. If you need to be constantly entertained, then you may be dissapointed. But if you are looking for a relaxing experience, you won’t be.