Poll Position: When it’s Okay to be a Snob

October 7, 2013 | By | 15 Comments

cruise-picky-spa
We all have that thing that we plan our cruises around, that X factor that we place on a pedestal above all else.
For some, it’s not settling for any cabin, other than the exact one you fell in love with on your last cruise. For others, that steak you order needs to be above reproach (you’ve tasted too many excessively fatty N.Y. strips that required chewing gum effort).
As a Zen aficionado, I need a massage room that zones out all sounds of footsteps and other distractions outside the door. Anything less is….unsatisfying.
What we asked: While onboard, I’m most picky when it comes to ___.
What they said: Nearly half our poll-takers (49.54 percent) admit they’re most finicky when it comes to food. Others prefer to be selective with entertainment and spas.
What are you most picky about? Don’t be shy in the comments below. Being a snob is a good thing, as long as proper cruising etiquette is followed.
cruise-guilty-pleasure
Vote in today’s daily poll by scrolling to the bottom right.
Foodies rejoice, with our picks for best food on cruise ships.

Comments

15 Responses to “Poll Position: When it’s Okay to be a Snob”

1. Brian
      October 7th, 2013 @ 3:37 pm

I’m so picky. The water must be wet. The ship must be floating. The music must have plenty of notes. Bed must be horizontal. And I expect plenty of darkness in the sky at night.

2. Mary
      October 7th, 2013 @ 4:13 pm

A quiet cabin with a balcony rules above all else!

3. carolyn
      October 7th, 2013 @ 4:36 pm

My perfect martini:)

4. Nancy
      October 7th, 2013 @ 4:40 pm

I think I am most picky about the cabin. I really prefer a Concierge Class aft cabin with the larger balcony on a Celebrity ship. It’s heavenly!

5. Cynthia
      October 7th, 2013 @ 5:17 pm

Lots to do on board, clean food areas (prep and seating areas)and a comfy bed. I have never had an issue with any of these in the past. Lets hope February is the same.

6. JL
      October 7th, 2013 @ 5:38 pm

I’m picky about being on my balcony without a lot of partying on either side or smoke crossing over (allergies). Not being able to enjoy the balcony I paid for is the one thing that could “ruin” my time of relaxing. I realize people have the right to party on their balcony and smoke, but I don’t like it on mine. Just saying. Please smokers and partyers, don’t beat me up over this, it’s my opinion, that doesn’t make it wrong!

7. Janet Cartwright
      October 7th, 2013 @ 9:19 pm

Cleanliness of the aft facing extended balcony cabin is important to me.

8. Jennifer
      October 8th, 2013 @ 7:44 am

I’ve only been on one cruise so i’m no expert, nor can i really have any comparison, but i guess the spa, i enjoy quiet time, lol

9. Gail Lynch-Walton
      October 8th, 2013 @ 9:09 am

The thing that bugs me are inconsistencies. If I book a cruise and they tell me I am getting something and then do not get it. Or it gets discontinued. The whole reason I have brand loyalty is to try to get a similar experience each time and KNOW what to expect so I can plan accordingly. On the last cruise it was laundry service. I made absolutely sure it was available just a few days before the cruise. Then I pack light and they have the laundry closed on the ship. I had people drive down and were counting on using the laundry service and it embarrassed me I had advised them wrong.
      So the service is very important.

10. Lindy
      October 8th, 2013 @ 10:36 am

I have to say that it’s a tie between Food & Balconey !! Lousy food (it Happened) & no balconey ,make for a long angry cruise !!

11. Lindy
      October 8th, 2013 @ 10:39 am

Food & a balcony tie for first place with us. Lousy food (it happened) can make a cruise very long ! Sometimes I wonder if this cruise line does it on purpose ,so that you’ll go to the specialty restaurants !!

12. Richard
      October 8th, 2013 @ 1:18 pm

Food. We live in Vegas and we know that cruise ships can’t top the entertainment we have in our town. Food is also abundant and fabulous in Las Vegas but nothing beats strolling down the hall from your cabin to a top quality multi-course dinner served by attentive waiters.

13. Dana A. Strickland
      October 8th, 2013 @ 2:29 pm

BRIAN: LOL!! This post was just what I needed!! A good laugh!! THANKS!!!

14. Susan
      October 8th, 2013 @ 3:54 pm

The ship must DEFINITELY be floating! Aside from that, the bed must be comfortable.

15. Susan
      August 19th, 2014 @ 4:59 pm

Everyday comforts, like a hand held shower, good coffee and name brand tea.
      I have avoided ships that have fixed shower heads and I love a laundry room because airline wt. restrictions discourage bringing lots of luggage.