Which Disney Consumer Are You?

October 17, 2012 | By | 12 Comments

Are you a fan, traveler, saver or one of three other classifications Disney gives its customers?
Ed Fouche, senior vice president of travel industry sales for the Americas at Disney Destinations broke down the six categories of Disney customers at the national conference of cruise-selling travel franchise company CruiseOne and its sister organization Cruises Inc.
Disney categorizes the consumers it wants to target. The classifications determine how Disney and travel consultants who sell Disney market to customers.

Fans – Pretty self-explanatory. Fans have strong emotional connections to Disney on all levels and use Disney-related travel for their regular vacations and especially to celebrate special events.
Travelers – This group wants as many different vacation experiences as they can get in their lifetimes. They are experienced travelers and are willing to spend some time at a Disney resort and theme park or on a Disney land tour or cruise, but only as part of their overall travels.
Savers – Tight-knit families with less money to spend. Savers still want and expect to have good vacations. This group traditionally travels in the summer, when the kids are out of school. Vacations are about spending time together as a family.
Actives – On-the-go parents who value time spent with their families but also want time alone. Actives only visit a Disney park or go on a Disney cruise for their kids. And though they make sure to spend time with their kids, they specifically schedule in time apart, as well.
Friends – Exactly what is sounds like: groups of friends – and all women,judging by the slides shown during this part of the presentation. These women have an affinity for Disney because it evokes feelings of nostalgia for their childhoods.
Grandparents – Another group classification that says exactly what it is. Grandparents grew up in the golden age of Disney, remember every word of the Mickey Mouse Club theme and want to share meaningful experiences with their grandkids in a place the children are bound to remember.
I immediately recognized myself as a traveler. Do you recognize yourself?

Comments

12 Responses to “Which Disney Consumer Are You?”

1. Sam
      October 18th, 2012 @ 1:51 am

A Traveler for sure – a different experience every time is what I am looking for.

2. Dawn
      October 18th, 2012 @ 1:47 pm

Im definitely a fan. Can’t get enough of WDW! So many family traditions!

3. Lora
      October 18th, 2012 @ 5:18 pm

Fan.. was there when Disneyland opened and now go to WDW. Can’t get enough!

4. Mariefrance
      October 22nd, 2012 @ 4:57 pm

I fit in 2 categories: Fans and grandparents.

5. Kit
      October 22nd, 2012 @ 5:05 pm

We’re traveling fans. While we love a Disney vacation (and our son was married there in addition to several birthday visits) we also love to see different parts of the world.

6. Christina Turner
      October 22nd, 2012 @ 5:42 pm

I guess I would fall into the Grandparent category because I do remember every word of the Mickey Mouse Club Theme and I used to watch the black and white shows over here in Australia as a young child. I am still waiting to be blessed with a grandchild or two and anything Disney over in the USA is on my very full bucket list. I’ll keep on dreaming :-))

7. Jeffrey C
      October 22nd, 2012 @ 7:22 pm

I’d be in Fans and Traveler. I like Disneyland. But their cruise line charges premium prices and is probably full of kids. It’s probably not for me.

8. Mary Lou
      October 22nd, 2012 @ 7:31 pm

I am both a Traveler and a Grandparent!

9. LEPP
      October 22nd, 2012 @ 7:59 pm

Active for sure. There’s ALOT of the real world to see and I share it with my sons. LOVE Disney and their products but also want to experience (with my family) other places and people.

10. Kathy Bishop
      October 22nd, 2012 @ 8:43 pm

I think we fit in 2 categories, grandparent & traveler.

11. Clay
      October 22nd, 2012 @ 9:26 pm

Travelers is where I fit best. I’m confused by the “savers” category as it applies to Disney. I would say “savers” are “fans” that take longer to have the money available.

12. Evan Hammerman
      October 22nd, 2012 @ 11:23 pm

Hmmm. Where do we fit in? We’re fans of Disney (we drive up to Disney World for a two or three night stay almost every year) and we’re fans of cruising (have gone on four cruises in the past two years), but we’re not fans of Disney cruising. We would never pay twice as much for a shorter cruise on a ship without a casino even with all the Disney theming.