Video: 1 Cruise Ship Collision, 2 Angles

September 19, 2012 | By | 7 Comments

When strong winds hit Bermuda‘s King’s Wharf on September 14, techie bystanders wasted no time in whipping out their video cameras. The foul weather caused Norwegian Star to break from its moorings and collide with Royal Caribbean’s Explorer of the Seas, docked nearby. A passenger aboard Explorer of the Seas filmed as Star slowly drifted toward the RCI ship, knocking into it. The surprise of nearby passengers, who can be heard in the background, is clear (“I can’t believe this!” and “Oh my goodness!”). A spectator on shore caught the same action (that’s Star on the left).

Watch dozens of other cruise videos, including the coolest cruise passenger and a self-leveling pool table.

Comments

7 Responses to “Video: 1 Cruise Ship Collision, 2 Angles”

1. Old Sarge
      September 19th, 2012 @ 6:51 pm

I must have heard “Oh my God” 100 times. Bermuda can get a bit nasty at times.

2. Neta Platt
      September 19th, 2012 @ 7:27 pm

I can hear it already!!!! WHIPLASH…..SHIPLASH…..WHIPLASH…..
      hahaha

3. davi
      September 19th, 2012 @ 8:42 pm

I’m not surprised that people onboard just laughed the whole time. Free afternoon entertainment to them. Guess if it were as an iceberg, they would have rolling on the floor in hysterics.

4. Tom Pecena
      September 19th, 2012 @ 11:36 pm

It was nothing. The equivalent of a door ding in a parking lot. I doubt that anyone on either ship felt anything more than a tiny bump, and onlt felt it because they saw the action as it took place. Otherwise it would have gone unnoticed. Certainly not news worthy or cruise friendly.

5. Joe Casey
      September 20th, 2012 @ 3:48 pm

Those jerks are actually laughing at someone’s possible tragic misfortune. The crew member pictured should get his walking papers. It is a blessing that no one was injured.

6. Kathy
      September 20th, 2012 @ 9:17 pm

And where is my video I posted on the NCL board? It’s under “damage to star”

7. APRILSTWINS
      September 24th, 2012 @ 9:03 am

So what… Big deal,no one got hurt!!