14 Hits and Misses From Carnival Breeze

June 26, 2012 | By | 6 Comments

After a week spent sampling burgers and burritos, prodding my fellow passengers — as if this social bunch needed any — and talking to Fun Ship execs aboard the new 3,690-passenger Carnival Breeze, it’s time for a recap of the good, the bad and the Fun Ship Freddy (he’s not a looker). In short, Carnival’s third Dream-class ship represents the future of the line. As the first new-build to emerge from the billion-dollar-plus Fun Ship 2.0 initiative, a fleetwide overhaul focusing on more than 20 food-, booze- and entertainment-related elements, Breeze will serve as the template for future makeovers.
With so much newness — Breeze has 23 2.0 elements, from the line’s first stand-alone sushi restaurant to a re-tooled approach to entertainment — there will invariably be certain growing pains. Besides, getting a new-build to operate at full tilt requires (and deserves) time. So, while the ship had its share of misses, the kinks may be worked out, 300-foot-long twister waterslide notwithstanding.
Questions or comments about Breeze? Join the conversation on our Breeze Q&A thread.
Check out the official Carnival Breeze Review for more information.

Comments

6 Responses to “14 Hits and Misses From Carnival Breeze”

1. Linda Wood
      June 27th, 2012 @ 6:17 pm

Thanks For the information. It helps me confirm, not to go on another Carnival ship. Why do you call the already paid for food, FREE. I suspected that the adult area would not be quite after looking at the placement of the water slide entrance.

2. Deanna
      July 1st, 2012 @ 4:40 pm

“There’s also a special menu inspired by Carnival’s “Curator of Comedy,” the Mexico-born George Lopez…”

George Lopez is not Mexico-born. He was born in California. Not that I think that discounts the quality of the food or comedy mentioned, just stating a fact so maybe the slideshow can be corrected.

3. Cruise Critic
      July 2nd, 2012 @ 9:42 am

Thanks, you’re correct — it’s been fixed.

4. Edward
      July 21st, 2012 @ 9:35 pm

Linda apparently hasn’t been on ANY cruises ANYWHERE, or she’d know ALL cruise lines have certain food and features for an ADDITIONAL charge. And, oh, gee, it’s a deal breaker that you can’t seem to find a really SUPER quiet spot outdoors on a moving cruise ship!

5. marji
      November 4th, 2014 @ 1:19 pm

just finished a cruise on the Breeze – there are “tons” of quiet spaces…

6. Brenda
      November 16th, 2014 @ 12:48 pm

Going on the Breeze Saturday. I will let you all know what stands out for me on this ship. I am looking forward to this vacation. This will be my 13th Carnival cruise and I am looking forward to see their new designs inside now that Joe Farcus (hope I spelled his name correctly) is no longer designing the whole ship. Wish me luck.