That Sinking Feeling? Kate Gosselin Gets Her Own Theme Cruise

January 9, 2012 | By | 15 Comments

kate-gosselin-cruise
Editor’s note: The Kate Gosselin cruise has been canceled as it failed to sell enough cabins. Booked passengers will receive a 100 percent refund.
Roughly a year after her reality television show “Kate Plus 8″ was canceled, Kate Gosselin will set sail aboard Allure of the Seas on a weeklong Caribbean fan cruise in August. But here’s what we’re wondering: Will fans of this over-exposed (and polarizing) reality TV “star” actually be willing to shell out a minimum of $1,900 per person to gallivant around the world’s largest cruise ship with her?
Sure, we know she has a following and a pretty dedicated one at that, but her attraction has seriously waned over the past couple of years. Not only was her show cancelled, but sales from her last book, 2010′s “I Just Want You to Know: Letters to My Kids on Love, Faith, and Family,” actually made headlines for how abysmal they were. And there’s no dancing around the fact that her stint on ABC’s “Dancing With the Stars” was legendarily bad.
But wait, there’s more: There are no inside cabins available on her charter (being organized by a New Jersey travel agency), and outside units are priced at nearly $700 more per person for those who want a piece of the Gosselin pie and take part in the events planned. What will you get for the extra dough? Along with a bit of swag, passengers will have access to a handful of private events including a cocktail party, a brunch and a question-and-answer session.
We can’t help but wonder if this will end up as another celeb-themed cruise cancellation, so be on the lookout for a flood of late cabin availability if it happens. (The likes of Pitbull, Florence Henderson and Bret Michaels have all had to ax sailings for various reasons.)
If that’s not enough, we posted news of the upcoming sailing on the Cruise Critic Facebook page over the weekend, and supporters were few and far between. Most of the 600-plus commenters agreed with Joe Wiggs, who said “What a great way to EMPTY a cruise ship! I’d cancel if booked.”
You tell us, would you be willing to sail with Kate and crew?

Find out more about this and other theme cruises.

Comments

15 Responses to “That Sinking Feeling? Kate Gosselin Gets Her Own Theme Cruise”

1. Busman723
      January 9th, 2012 @ 3:13 pm

She would be a great distraction. She should be home with her children, not trying to renew her fame.

2. Mindy
      January 9th, 2012 @ 4:13 pm

I think it’s great that she wants to take her kids on a cruise. But isn’t travelling with 8 children going to create enough attention for her? Even if she was doing this at the insistence of her loyal fans, I think all the events for her cruise should be kid-friendly. In other words, no cocktail party!

3. DonnaBell
      January 9th, 2012 @ 6:10 pm

Kate isn’t bringing the kids for the fans to paw and drool over? How sad. Those kids were put on this earth to entertain old ladies, lonely teens and pedophiles.

4. sally rodenhiser
      January 9th, 2012 @ 6:28 pm

Another pitiful attempt by Kate to keep her name in the limelight. Sorry, you’re 15 minutes of fame is long over .. expect a last minute cancellation when she can’t get the numbers to ensure her cabin is free !!

5. Mary Ann
      January 9th, 2012 @ 8:00 pm

Mindy, she isn’t taking all of her kids, only two of them. How unfair to the others. Just another way for Kate to get a free trip plus make some extra money off of each passenger she books. I really do not understand the fascination people have for this woman. Ugg!!

6. Sherri
      January 10th, 2012 @ 10:59 am

OMG! I can’t stand her…the kids are cute, but that only goes so far…temper tantrums aside. I am so glad to see she was sailing in Aug. I’d cancel or change my scheduled trip if it were to coincide with hers!

7. Bobby
      January 10th, 2012 @ 6:06 pm

I wouldn’t want to anywhere near her. I just saw a few minutes of her motor home trip to Alaska and she through more temper tantrums than the kids

8. Dennis
      January 11th, 2012 @ 7:02 am

Tell her to take 2 aspirins and call me in the morning. Its just a bad dream Kate, Just a bad dream. Now go back to sleep before I slap some sense in you.

9. Kris
      January 11th, 2012 @ 8:30 am

OMG what a good reason to get off a ship before it sails…sadly, many will not be forewarned.. they’ll need to have the security cameras tuned up so they can document all the passengers who leap over the rail out at sea to escape her presence.

10. Lori
      January 11th, 2012 @ 10:33 am

Who wants to go on a cruise with all of that hoorah? Aren’t cruises for relaxing? I would cancel if I was booked! I think the entire week will be total chaos, just like her life!

11. Di
      January 11th, 2012 @ 11:51 am

Her arrogance and tantrums are beyond belief…..KATE IS A LOSER!! Please tell Kate her “fame” is OVER!
      Unfortunately the cruise line will probably not notify unaware passenger that she is on board until they are boarding, as was the case when THE BIGGEST LOSER was filming on a Princess ship that we happened to book a few years ago, I certainly didn’t like being told where I can walk, put away my camera, or the lounger is need for the film cruise.

12. AttilatheFun
      January 11th, 2012 @ 2:39 pm

\Along with a bit of swag, passengers will have access to a handful of private events including a cocktail party, a brunch, a question-and-answer session, and a bit of swag.\

At least they get two \bit of swag\!

13. Victoria
      January 23rd, 2012 @ 3:51 pm

Couldn’t they find a talented dog act? It would be so much more entertaining.

14. Sue Honaker
      May 10th, 2012 @ 8:45 pm

At one time I did enjoy watching their show. If you watch their shows close enough you can tell when the marriage starts to fall apart because poor Jon could NEVER do anything right in Kate’s eyes and raked that poor man over the coals… NO I would not sail with her… I go on a cruise to relax not to hear some TV mom who thinks she is hot stuff yelling at her kids all day and those kids poutng and crying… Nope not my idea of a perfect vacation… Dont get me going about the price… Just thought I would put my 2 cents in…

15. Kim
      May 10th, 2012 @ 9:16 pm

Nope wouldn’t pay extra to be around the “girl”. I wouldn’t want a film crew to inter-fear with my cruise either.

Good luck to people on that same cruise with her.