Live From Carnival Liberty: the Great Cabin Cleanup

December 7, 2011 | By | 10 Comments

dirty-cruise-cabin
After a couple days of constant “go, go, go” on Carnival Liberty, our 185-square-foot standard balcony cabin got a bit messy. And, when I say a bit, I mean it looked like it was hijacked by a tribe of savage teenage girls. We decided to spare our room steward the agony of straightening up by doing something we don’t usually do — unpacking. (We fall into the 2 percent who live out of their suitcases.) But, between the sea of clothes and a barrage of bath products and hair straighteners, we weren’t quite sure if we’d be scrounging for storage space.
clean-cruise-cabin
In the end, we were pleasantly surprised. Our room, done up in Carnival’s traditional peach and yellow tones, offers six shelves inside four cabinets, including a large floor-to-ceiling one; seven drawers, including two large ones under the in-cabin sofa; two closets, each with a number of hangers; and plenty of under-the-bed hiding places for luggage. Let’s be honest: If this place can accommodate four suitcases’ (yes, I said four) worth of clothes and shoes, it gets a giant thumbs-up from us.
Want more on Carnival Liberty cabins? Click here.
Check out our other Live From Carnival Liberty posts here.

Comments

10 Responses to “Live From Carnival Liberty: the Great Cabin Cleanup”

1. Tina
      December 7th, 2011 @ 3:46 pm

I love reading your blogs. Almost makes me feel like I’m on the ship with you and my mom who is currently on the ship with you this week. I’m sure she’s having a good time. Keep the posts coming.

2. Toni
      December 8th, 2011 @ 8:47 am

Sorry, but, as a flight attendant and cruiser, I can tell you unequivocally that you are bringing too much stuff.

3. LF
      December 8th, 2011 @ 8:53 am

We put our luggage under the beds. We do have 2 very large and 2 just slightly smaller, so they fit in each other. I still remember there being room under the desk and just move the chair out if you don’t need it.

4. superjoku
      December 8th, 2011 @ 10:33 am

Who’s to say what too much is?

If you don’t mind paying luggage fees (if you are flying) and you don’t mind lugging it about, bring your whole wardrobe.

If I had to lug all my crap in a backpack into the woods, I’d pack the bare essentials.

If I’m going on vacation where I will be swimming and sightseeing and eating an elegant dinner, I want options!!

And I agree. . your pics make me want to leave NOW! Too bad I have 134 days. . . .

5. Charisse
      December 8th, 2011 @ 2:00 pm

Over the years, you learn what’s not really needed but you bring most of it anyway. To each his own. Met a woman on one of my 12 day cruises that packed her’s and her husbands stuff onto two medium size duffle bags. Including what she wore of three formal nights. Go figure!

6. Karen
      December 11th, 2011 @ 3:45 pm

You learn to mix and match.. I agree put luggage under bed. Holland has drawers under bed that they store comforters. You can get organized takes a few minutes.. Thats why I do it as soon as I get the luggage in room and get it over with…then enjoy

7. Cruise Critic
      December 11th, 2011 @ 8:48 pm

@Tina: Thanks! Glad you enjoyed.

@Toni: Yeah, we overdid it a bit. I only wore about 2/3 of what I brought, and 11 pairs of shoes for seven days was a tad excessive.

@Superjoku: You make a solid point. As much as I’d like to pack just one thing for each day, I change my mind far too much for that to be practical.

8. Cruise Critic
      December 11th, 2011 @ 8:49 pm

Also, photo credits go to Cruise Critic newbie Jennifer Wesolowsky. She’s a whiz with a camera! :)

9. Steph
      December 16th, 2011 @ 1:06 pm

Ashley, I think we’re about the same age and love reading your blogs; in fact, I’d like to write some of my own! I just had to comment on your 11 pairs of shoes – I’ll be bringing 7 tonight on my trip to the Bahamas :)

10. Cruise Critic
      December 19th, 2011 @ 5:33 pm

@Steph: Thanks! Rock those shoes! :)