Could Be the Best Cruise Ship Laundry Room … Ever

November 7, 2011 | By | 9 Comments

One thing you’ll never read about in a cruise line press release is about ships’ laundry facilities – and yet according to our recent poll on doing laundry at sea, we clearly care a lot about washing clothes on vacation.
While it’s tempting to send it all out to the ship’s cleaning service (and pricey too), that’s just not an option for most of us. And yet who wants to waste a precious hour or two on vacation in a dingy, windowless laundry room, either?
So whose laundry room is particularly sudsational?
Onboard Oceania Cruises‘ new Marina, I actually did not regret the loss of the hour I spent washing clothes. In fact, I enjoyed it — I put up my feet on the comfy couch, tuned into CNN on the television, helped myself to a bottle of water and chilled out.
It’s the best laundry room at sea, and the line deserves kudos for making a rather dismal chore a little bit less so.
See what readers have to say about Oceania’s Marina.
Join in on the fun. Subscribe to the Lido Deck and we’ll let you know when there’s something new up our sleeves.

Comments

9 Responses to “Could Be the Best Cruise Ship Laundry Room … Ever”

1. Sheila Englebardt
      November 7th, 2011 @ 3:50 pm

So glad to hear about this. We’re booked on the Riviera next year and I wondered about laundry facilities. Thanks for the positive review

2. Beverly Giewat
      November 7th, 2011 @ 4:00 pm

Its too bad, RCL Oasis does not have laundry facilities with a ship that huge, you think they would have put some thought into this. We always do multiple loads on our cruises.

3. laura jones
      November 7th, 2011 @ 6:11 pm

are you kidding? my sister looks forward to doing laundry on a cruise. we are always late to dinner because she is ironing in the laundry room. we will probably book on this ship just because of the laundry room!

4. Kathy Cullinan
      November 7th, 2011 @ 7:03 pm

Holland America Prinsendam has a nice laundry room too.

5. Carolyn
      November 7th, 2011 @ 7:59 pm

Beverly, I’ve always been astonished that RCI, which really markets itself to families, does not have laundry rooms on any ships — not just Oasis….

Carolyn

6. Victoria Swallows
      November 7th, 2011 @ 8:44 pm

I love going home with all my clothes clean and ironed after a cruise. One less thing I have to do when I get home. On an at sea day it’s relaxing to do laundry, not like when you’re home and you only have a couple of hours after work to get it done.

7. geri hadley
      November 8th, 2011 @ 11:39 am

Do they have a laundry room on the Celebrity Equinox?

8. Janice
      November 15th, 2011 @ 9:15 am

Celebrity constellation does not have laundry facilities on board

9. Carol
      December 30th, 2013 @ 5:57 pm

does the Norwegian Sun have laundry facitilies?