Video: Cruise Like a Norwegian?

October 13, 2011 | By | 13 Comments

No, we’re not talking about some hairy guy with horns on his head. (Apologies to the Norsemen out there.) We’re referencing Norwegian Cruise Line‘s new ad campaign, which includes the line’s first television spots since 2008. The commercials, which feature variations of the “Cruise Like a Norwegian” theme, focus on the things passengers are able to do — dine like a Parisian, party like a Brazilian, surf like a Hawaiian — on a Norwegian cruise. Coupled with an original (and, we’ll admit, catchy) theme song, the spots are airing on several major TV networks.
What do you think? Sound off in the comments section.
Love new ships? Get the low-down on Norwegian’s Project Breakaway duo, the first of which is debuting in April 2013.
Check out Norwegian cruise deals here.

Comments

13 Responses to “Video: Cruise Like a Norwegian?”

1. neta platt
      October 13th, 2011 @ 3:40 pm

Yes, this commercial hits on most of our cruising points which is alluring!!!!

2. Martysr
      October 13th, 2011 @ 4:31 pm

My only Norwegian cruise [1 out of 18]was memorable only for the fresh hot baked chocolate chip cookies; hence only 1/18. This ad is good enough to make me reconsider.

3. pcreek
      October 13th, 2011 @ 4:48 pm

my thought… ‘eh’
      I’m already a NCL fan – this commercial would not sway me one way or the other. :-)

4. Brian
      October 13th, 2011 @ 4:48 pm

ANY cruise commercial makes me want to go. The siren song does not have to be very loud, or even on key.

5. Obi1
      October 13th, 2011 @ 11:33 pm

I love the new ad campaign! I like the new commercials better than what RCCL is currently doing. I miss the old RCCL commercials with the “Bang on the Drum” song.
      I will be Cruising Like A Norwegian in a little over 3 weeks – WOOT WOOT!

6. Michael Ludin
      October 14th, 2011 @ 10:26 am

I just got a $20 AMAZON gift card for doing an online survey on it. It came from NCL.

7. Jen F
      October 14th, 2011 @ 10:39 am

Great new commercial. It would certainly persuade me to consider NCL.

8. F Landry
      October 15th, 2011 @ 8:57 am

I will be on Norwegian in a few months, but I do not know if it will be as alluring of an oasis as Royal Caribbean is on both of their super mega ships. :)

9. Roger
      October 15th, 2011 @ 10:01 am

I like NCL but the people in the commercial are not the people that sail on their ships. I think they are insulting the true Norwegian culture with this nonsense. Norway looks nothing like Las Vegas.

10. Sharon
      October 17th, 2011 @ 4:39 pm

I just returned from a week on the NCL Sun. I must say the staff are some of the hardest working people around (and I believe only the captain was actually Norwegian). One of my first impressions is that the ship smelled of dirty bathroom. The state room was tiny but it was what I paid for. Some of the ship fixtures (the gray plastic molded bathroom sink, shower, toilet seemed very out of date and cheap. The entertainment was good (the first time I heard it) and it just became boring by the end of the week. One night we had karaoke and the song list was really old stuff. The next night they had Idol karaoke with the same song list. So the game was inspired by Idol and yet there were no Idol songs to select…No Carrie Underwood, No Kelly Clarkson, that’s just a big “duh”. If you are into gambling and have money to spend at Diamond International or any of the other stores they advertisement-puke all over you…this is the ship for you!

11. Nisa
      April 12th, 2012 @ 11:24 pm

Just happened to see this video on the TV in my cabin on my recent NCL Cruise. I was very impressed by it and hoped to see it again. When I got home I looked it up on You tube. Only found the 30 second version at first but knew there was a longer version out there. This is a huge plus for NCL’s advertising. Great video and perfect brand jingle. If they air this, it would be a winner for their brand. Haven’t seen it in the DCmetro area yet.

12. Ruth Pitman
      June 22nd, 2012 @ 12:14 pm

Your latest ad that states “dine like a Parisian, party like a Brazilian, surf like a Hawaiian” and then something else that states “____ like a Bohemian”….don’t you mean BAHAMIAN??? There is a difference you know….Bohemia is in the Czech republic!

Just sayin….

13. Patt
      April 5th, 2014 @ 3:13 pm

I’m on hold with NCL going on 45 minutes right now, to check something on my reservation. I gotta tell you, that catchy tune is not so catchy after 45 minutes. What is “cruise like a Norwegian” anyway? How do Norwegians cruise any different from anyone else, except for maybe the Viking thing, which I am not interested in experiencing.