Face-Off: Donny vs. Marie (Vote Now!)

August 29, 2011 | By | 6 Comments

Are you a little bit country or a little bit rock ‘n’ roll? MSC Cruises recently announced Donny & Marie Cruisin’ With Friends, a four-night theme cruise to the Bahamas aboard MSC Poesia in February 2012. If catching the famous sibs’ show in Vegas isn’t your thing, maybe joining them — and some 3,000 of their closest fans — on a cruise to the Bahamas will inspire puppy love. We like that Donny and Marie plan to greet cruisers poolside at the sailaway party. Sounds more intimate than the sailing’s highlight, “An Evening With Donny & Marie,” performed in the very purple Carlo Felice Theater. Optional activities with the “Dancing With the Stars” winner and finalist — big brother is sure to gloat about that — include family-friendly fare, such as Donny & Marie Q&A, “Osmondakoake,” a sock hop dinner and dance, passenger talent show and wedding vow renewal.

Get everything you need to know about other special voyages on our Theme Cruises page.
Want the latest from the Cruise Critic staff? Get your own Lido Deck subscription.

Comments

6 Responses to “Face-Off: Donny vs. Marie (Vote Now!)”

1. Debbie Palmer
      August 31st, 2011 @ 9:59 am

Loved Donny ever since I was 12 and have seen him and his family in concert on many occasions. Love cruising too, so will try very hard to join them if I can.

2. Edie Cartwright
      August 31st, 2011 @ 3:02 pm

I love them both equally so it was very hard to choose! Wish I had known before I booked a cruise for next year already. And unfortunately, my budget only allows for one cruise a year. But these two are so much fun that I’m sure the ship will be filled to capacity. Have fun you lucky people.

3. Kevin Johnson
      August 31st, 2011 @ 4:12 pm

But that ship is dreadful including the food and entertainment. Atleast if a D/M fan that may improve your thoughts on the Entertainment. I still feel like I have smoke in my hair and clothes too from that ship.

4. Barb Batson
      August 31st, 2011 @ 7:21 pm

I had a difficult time choosing as they are equally super talented. Love Maria’s dolls that she sells on QVC. Saw Donny in Chicago’s “Joseph and the Amazing TechniColor Dreamcoat”. He was awesome.

5. Rose Zelman
      August 31st, 2011 @ 9:07 pm

I think NCL cruises are smoke free on cabin balconies. Never had a problem. People are permitted to smoke outside in certain areas only.

6. Waving
      September 1st, 2011 @ 1:16 am

Love them both, but four nights is not enough for me. Any country themed cruises coming up?