Poll Position: Battle of the Onboard Evildoers

July 18, 2011 | By | 59 Comments

cruise-jerks-poll-position
Anywhere you go, you’re bound to meet at least a couple of people who aren’t so pleasant. Cruises are no exception. Perhaps someone cut in front of you at the buffet. Maybe the last one in the elevator left it smelling like anything but roses. Regardless of the infraction, we bet there are one or two groups of folks you’d love to see ousted from the ship’s log. So, we decided to find out just which types of cruisers are the most notorious….
What we asked: If you could ban one type of cruiser, which would it be?
What they said: Nearly 34 percent — the largest number — said they’d ban rude children. Tied for second are balcony smokers and deck-chair hogs, each with 24 percent of votes. Voters are most tolerant of heavy drinkers; only 18 percent would give ‘em the boot.
cruise-jerks-poll-results
What it all means: Parents, control your kids. Although I’ve never personally encountered misbehaving children onboard, lots of respondents seem to have had that misfortune. For those of you hogging chairs or blowing smoke onto other cruisers’ balconies, be forewarned that someone is probably somewhere quietly plotting your demise (or at least how to tell you off). As for heavy drinking, we’re glad that most are a bit more lenient — it is vacation, after all.
Vote in today’s daily poll here.
For information about bringing the brood, see our article on cruising with kids.

Comments

59 Responses to “Poll Position: Battle of the Onboard Evildoers”

1. Cheryl
      July 19th, 2011 @ 7:23 am

The “mannerless” adults who don’t know how to eat their food in public.

2. Karen
      July 19th, 2011 @ 8:57 am

I hate cruisers who treat the crew like crap. There was a guy on Freedom of the Seas that was very rude to a girl taking omelet orders. She didn’t read or understand English very well and what he wanted wasn’t exactly on her list. He kept repeating his demand louder and louder until she figured out to just cross off the ingredients he didn’t want from her menu choice.

3. Ben
      July 19th, 2011 @ 9:00 am

I’d have to vote for none of the above, Mother in Law.

4. Lisa H
      July 19th, 2011 @ 9:20 am

We recently came back from a cruise on Adventure of the Seas. Our cabin neighbours, used to go out all night and leave their kids in the cabin and they would run riot! They banged on the walls, shouted and screamed and ran along the corridor. We had to contact guest relations 3 nights running and security came. The third night was horrendous and I don’t know what they said to them as they were spanish but they soon shut up. They made the parents come back from wherever they were and stay with the children.

5. Paul
      July 19th, 2011 @ 9:20 am

I’d have to say the people I hate the most are the ones that race around the buffet line, bumping into everyone and filling their plates up so high that food falls off. Don’t they realize that you can go up for more if you want.

6. Julianne fulcher
      July 19th, 2011 @ 9:31 am

I feel that everyone enjoys a cruise in their own way and I respect their right to do so. However there is no excuse for rude and inconsiderate behavior, in it’s many forms. This also includes those people who complain so bitterly about smokers who have the nerve to smoke on the balconies that they have paid for. Those people have rights as well as others and the majority of the ship is off limits to them, so quit your complaining. This could easily be solved if the cruise lines would dedicate smoking verandas toward the aft.

7. Tina
      July 19th, 2011 @ 10:12 am

Myself, I’ve been on many cruise lines multiple times: American Line (no longer exists), Carnival, Princess, Celebrity, Royal Caribbean, Regent and Oceania at all times of the year. Since I’m not a big fan of lots of kids on a cruise or smoking on balconies or in cabins, I do my research ahead of time. I try to go on cruises that don’t allow smoking in cabins or on balconies (Oceania has a strict policy about this). I also try to go on longer cruises and not during holidays or when kids are out of school. I disagree with Julianne about all aft cabins be smoking. I’m a nonsmoker who loves direct aft balcony cabins. I wouldn’t be to thrilled if it were only for smokers. Seeing the wake of a ship is awesome. If I do go on a cruise that allows smoking on balconies, I don’t see how I have a right to complain since I knew ahead of time.

I do think the deck chair hogging thing is rude. On our last cruise where you had to check out towels… beware! I saw a woman go to two chairs with towels. She took one towel and placed it on the other chair with the second towel and settled. When she left, she took both towels and turned them in. This was near the end of the cruise. Maybe she owed towels and figured she would take them from other chairs? I dunno – but I never left my towel alone if it was gonna cost me $$ to repay for not returning. We may find stealing towels may be next after big “thing” after hogging chairs.

8. Sharon
      July 19th, 2011 @ 10:13 am

Definitely, the rude parents whose children run around bumping into others, screaming, leaving horrendous messes in their wake, running riot on the balcony, in halls, restaurants, theaters and everywhere else. These parents are oblivious to the distraction and discomfort their spoiled, undisciplined children cause!

9. septane
      July 19th, 2011 @ 10:48 am

An occasional cigarette is one thing. Non-stop chain smoking at all hours (honestly, don’t you leave your room?) is quite another.

10. Janet Reynolds
      July 19th, 2011 @ 5:04 pm

Whats really rude is when people don’t have a clue as what to wear in the dining room, especially on formal nights. When you go to the trouble of dressing nicely you don’t want to be surrounded by Wayne and Waynetta Slob in their tracksuits or Joe Redneck in his baseball cap. Second peeve is people who insist in sitting in one of the few smoking areas left and then glare and cough loudly. And my third gripe is people who talk about \dinning\ rooms…it’s \Dining\ please!

11. Nina
      July 20th, 2011 @ 6:06 am

The very worst people are those who fart in the public Jacuzzi’s. They think they can’t be identified because their farts don’t show inbetween the bubbles. But you usually have a pretty good picture about who is responsible! Usually the same people who cut you off at the buffet!

12. Suzie
      July 20th, 2011 @ 7:12 am

Definitely the people who walk around the buffet eating as they’re still filling their plate….urgghhhh

13. Fred
      July 20th, 2011 @ 7:34 am

I have seen some rude kids..one ran up to a newly wedded couple and told them “I’m gay!” I think he was involved in a truth or dare game…but very inappropriate..I was tempted to get his name and talk with his parents, but who am I.
      A second group that I would throw over the side, would be those who seem to have no realization of how hard the crew works. Some of them can wind up working 16-18 hrs a day…very little time off. For some, tips is all they earn..along with room and board. How they deal with guests and not lose it is beyond me.

14. Joanne
      July 20th, 2011 @ 7:50 am

I was once unfortunate enough to be sitting in the theatre in front of a man who farted loudly throughout the show, sang out of tune to each song in the musical, and had a cold…..you guessed it,,,constant coughing without covering his mouth………..This was THE rudest individual I have ever encountered in my 35 years of cruising.!!!

15. LDG
      July 20th, 2011 @ 9:03 am

Last year we encountered a large family reunion. I love family reunions and a cruise is a great way to do it. However, many members of this family felt like they were the only important people on board. One woman barked at my husband when he nearly sat on a pool chair she was saving for a family member who had not yet arrived. Another man wiggled his way through the crowed and stood right in front of me to see a show. I’m short so that wasn’t cool with me and I let him know. The good news to all of this is that we were on board the Oasis of the Seas which is large enough to have kept us separated from them most of the time.

16. William Freeman
      July 20th, 2011 @ 9:19 am

1) Loud vulgar drunks on deck, usually ten or more huddled around a table for four with several buckets of beer, and

2) Table mates you’ve never met who use dinner as an extension of their business and try to sell you insurance, stocks, a time-share or other such “deal”.

The worst was a dozen people who appeared for dinner one night, at the table adjacent yo ours, dressed in “togas” made of bedsheets, threw bread at one another and repeatedly shouted “Whazza matter for YOU, Hey !” It was revolting.

17. Michelle
      July 20th, 2011 @ 9:37 am

The worst experiences I have ever had was on my last cruise when this couple was fighting in a nearby cabin at about 11pm and in the cabin next door this family would have tickle fights and make so much noise at night. Banging on the wall a few times did the trick. There was also a lady who was with her family and they had a question. They were going to ask this worker and she said wait he doesn’t speak English. I was thinking she was rude and an idiot (he was standing a couple feet away so he could hear her) since all crew were required to speak English.

18. Nursebeth
      July 20th, 2011 @ 9:48 am

Elevator Hogs! Elevator manners! Please people, when you are waiting for an elevator and the doors open, wait for people to get off before storming in! Also, when you are on the elevator, step off and let the people in the back get off!

19. Signmanrich
      July 20th, 2011 @ 10:09 am

My only pet peeve is to those people who feel a need to wear tuxedos and gowns to formal night and complain that others don’t. They can wear whatever they please and feel great about themselves but why is what we wear such an issue with them?. My group of friends dress as they wish, mostly button down shirts and nice pants and shoes for the guys and dresses and pants for the ladies. We really could care less what others are wearing, we are on vacation not at a state dinner. Best bet to enjoy yourself is to mind your own business and enjoy the great food and the cruise.

20. Greg McIntyre
      July 20th, 2011 @ 11:27 am

Where does one begin? This is why niche market ships, though almost invariably more expensive, are able to stay in business. The cover charge sifts out more of the wheat from the chaffe. Unfortunately, in spite of the efforts of world religions to foster the simplicity of The Golden Rule among our fellow man, a completely civilized cruise experience will only present itself with a socially educated passenger manifest; and social education will always involves access to more long-term resources than those needed for inconsiderate people to book a cruise on a mid-market ship.

21. Ryan Lughermo
      July 20th, 2011 @ 11:55 am

People who have noisy sex!!!! The two most recent cruises I took must have been newlyweds and copulated like it was an Olympic event. And with the paper thin walls in the rooms, I had no choice but to endure their marathon events.

Another pet peeve is the whiny non-smokers. In the few ships/fleets where we still can smoke (which is still a large number of people) the areas where we can smoke are so few as it is. If all cruise ships go non-smoking, they will lose me as a passenger and I cruise at least twice a year for the past 15 years or so. I know there will be others following suit like me too.

Maybe if there was a way to make only one side of the ship non-smoking as it relates to the balcony issue as listed by others, maybe that might be a solution….

22. granmadee
      July 20th, 2011 @ 12:27 pm

Unlike signmanrich, I learned at an early age what the word “formal” means.

23. Frequent Cruiser
      July 20th, 2011 @ 12:58 pm

I disagree with Signmanrich. Most of us enjoy the tradition of dressing formally for dinner on cruises, and as it is scheduled as a \Formal Night\, I see no reason to excuse the \I paid for this cruise and I’ll do as I damn well please\ attitude of a few spoiled, \the world revolves around me\ types. There are plenty of cruise lines these days that do not have formal nights and I suggest Signmanrich and his friends book on them. And if you find yourself on a cruise that does have a formal night or two, GO TO ONE OF THE CASUAL DINING OPTIONS THEY ALL OFFER! Obviously, my peeve is people who feel that the rules do not apply to them, or that they can pick and choose which ones they want to adhere to.

24. Frequent Cruiser
      July 20th, 2011 @ 1:07 pm

Most of us enjoy the tradition of dressing formally for dinner on cruises, and as it is scheduled as a \Formal Night\, I see no reason to excuse the \I paid for this cruise and I’ll do as I darn well please\ attitude. There are plenty of cruise lines these days that do not have formal nights and I suggest Signmanrich and his friends book on them. And if you find yourself on a cruise that does have a formal night or two, GO TO ONE OF THE CASUAL DINING OPTIONS THEY ALL OFFER! Obviously, my peeve is people who feel that the rules do not apply to them, or that they can pick and choose which ones they want to adhere to.

25. Burt Bearden
      July 20th, 2011 @ 1:21 pm

Smokers who insist on smoking anywhere at anytime on the ship. That is rude, you should be required to get off if you want to smoke, if it is a sea day, even better :)

26. Larry
      July 20th, 2011 @ 1:33 pm

Passengers that treat crew members as if they are their personal “slaves” with requests that are far beyond normal. GET A LIFE

27. cmaygar
      July 20th, 2011 @ 2:34 pm

Chair hogs around the pool are rude and obnoxious folks who believe that they rule the entire ship. The ship crew should handle these idiots and not allow them to reserve more than 2 chairs at any one time. One one cruise one woman \reserved\ an entire row of chairs by the pool and only 2 people ever showed up. I blame the cruise line for allowing this type of behavior to happen at all.

Uncontrolled children also are very annoying. Kids should not be allowed at the buffet lines without their parents. On a few cruises I noticed teenagers putting every dessert on their plate and not eating anything. What a gross waste of food. Also, parents that bring very young children (toddlers and infants) into the main dining areas have no regard for the other passengers. Screaming babies and toddlers that run around the dining area are a nuisance.

Regarding dress and grooming issues, I was on a cruise a year ago and one passenger at the adjacent table wore the same tee-shirt, dirty jeans and old sneakers with a baseball cap to dinner every single night. How disgusting to think that this guy never wore clean clothes for the entire trip in the heat of the summer. The cruise lines should enforce the dress codes to keep those clods in the buffet area. I’m not saying that men must wear tuxedos, but at least wear clean clothes with a sport jacket and no jeans or sneakers on a formal night or else get room service or eat at the buffet.

28. KeithP
      July 20th, 2011 @ 3:26 pm

After reading these comments I am so glad I cruise on Azamara and Oceania. Rarely any kids, smokers. No formal night or enforced ‘table mates’

29. val smith
      July 20th, 2011 @ 3:40 pm

people who complain about everything and anything. people who pile on the food and don’t eat half of it. rude people.

30. Jerry
      July 20th, 2011 @ 3:47 pm

To those cruisers dissatisfied with obnoxious, rude, ill-mannered people who don’t know how to dress for a formal dinner, behave poolside or during on-ship activities, or who treat staff inappropriately, this is what I can say about that…you get what you pay for.

31. norman
      July 20th, 2011 @ 4:31 pm

thats why i only book with holland cruise lines
      only a few kids, and more seniors.

32. norman
      July 20th, 2011 @ 4:37 pm

thats why i cruise with holland lines few kids
      and more quite seniors.

33. Alan
      July 20th, 2011 @ 5:11 pm

I hate ones who cut the buffet line. On Princess last week I had a man in his late forties early fifties push my daughter out of the way to get to the calamari, when I stepped in front of him and asked him to wait in line like the rest of us he pushed me and said “I don’t have to” I then stepped in front of him and he called me an as…le and yelled for security. When I would not budge he finally left.

34. Sally
      July 20th, 2011 @ 5:22 pm

The one thing that I really hate is people who go through the buffet line and use their fingers to pick up the food. One man picked up several sandwiches and put each one back before finally deciding on which one he wanted.

35. Derek
      July 20th, 2011 @ 6:20 pm

Of course, everyone of the issues is legitimate, otherwise there wouldn’t be any responses to this topic. What I would like is a cruise line that is free from Spring Breakers. Due to my wife’s job we can only travel on school breaks and the March break coincides with the annual U.S. college drunk-up. With the hot-tub hogging, the urinating it the pools and hot-tubs, excessive drunkenness, noisy parades through the halls at 3:00 am etc., we’re going to have to wait till retirement before we can cruise again.

36. Paul Marshall
      July 20th, 2011 @ 7:15 pm

I am a Gay traveler and travel with my partner of 40 yrs. I find it amazing how the educated traveler excepts us on our 9 cruises. Only once were were harassed by a bunch of high school seniors. We said nothing at the time of the incident but all of the sudden, staff members of the ship walked over to the group and the four parents and were in formed that if there is any more deminstrations their entire group will be put off the ship at the next port. That must have got their attention. The next night a bottle of wine was delivered to our table with their compliment. They will never moon anyone ever again on the dance floor.

37. linda connor
      July 20th, 2011 @ 8:59 pm

The worst I think are the people without manners; leaving from the NY area most cruises I think it’s the New Yorkers. They won’t hold a door for anyone, feel free to cut buffet and all other lines and just don’t have basic manners. Smokers; move if it bothers you. Kids; complain to the staff. Staff; treat them like all your new friends, not new servants. Unless you truly live like a pig at home, don’t adopt that behavior. Yes, you are on vacation, but that’s not license to be a slob.

38. Sharon
      July 21st, 2011 @ 11:05 am

Basicaly, just please behave respectfully of the staff/crew and fellow passengers, as well as the ports and locals we encounter there. It’s that simple. If only we all would adhere to this one, simple rule, it would resolve all the issues mentioned and more! After all, we all paid for our cruise and deserve to enjoy it!

39. DP
      July 21st, 2011 @ 12:28 pm

What’s really annoying is when people reserve pool chairs with a towel and take off somewhere, never using the chair. I say if you’re not sitting in the chair for more than 10 minutes, then you just lost it!

40. Virginia
      July 21st, 2011 @ 1:05 pm

`What bothers me the most is when parents allow their pre-school children on the dance floor and think it is cute for them to perform when all they are doing is going around in circles and showing off for their adoring relatives. This happened 3 times on a previous cruise. When I complained to a crew member, I was told this was not allowed.

41. Jeff
      July 21st, 2011 @ 2:32 pm

I agree with Linda and Virgina. Rude children running amok. I just shows the type of parenting they’re getting. Many adults can be just as rude! A trip through the Panama canal a few years ago had a number of people using their mobility scooters. They would run you over if you were not careful. Not a ‘ EXCUSE ME’ in the group! When the cruise line addressed this with some of them they felt their’ rights’ had been violated! Too bad the lack of mannors seem to be with the adults too!

42. mary
      July 24th, 2011 @ 12:09 am

I just got back from the Amsterdam cruise to Alaska. There were 4 formal nights. Many people myself included had dress slacks and dressy blouse on. I had 2nd seating. I watched as many left 1st seating I want to say maybe 20 people had tux and gowns on. I saying 20 but it was not that many. At 2nd seating they was maybe 15 in tuxs and evening gowns I guess the formal group wants the dining room to themselfs. Cruse ship will not be very happy with 20 people for dinner and a thousand going up to the lido for dinner and all those people will not have any place to eat

43. Mike Lewis
      July 24th, 2011 @ 11:11 pm

The worst 3 things on cruises are:
      1) people who are rude to ship staff. The staff work their backsides off and some guests just don’t get it. Staff are awesome!
      2) people who ‘pylon’ right in the middle of high traffic parts of the ship. Is their incoming text message more important than the 3000 people behind them trying to get to the main theatre?
      3) people who call it a boat – the biggest insult the Captain could ever hear is ‘nice boat there captain’ – since it is larger than a life boat, it’s called a ship!

44. BRYAN AND ROGER
      July 25th, 2011 @ 6:27 am

Recently, on the QE, a pax was speaking to a worker behind the counter in the buffet. I was amazed how nasty the pax was to her. I had to tell the worker, she was good because I would have gone over the counter and beat her to death with my serving spoon and then lose my job. The worker said there are people who are much worse than that woman. I stood there stunned at that.
      Do unto others……….comes to mind.
      Bryan and Roger

45. Jo Ellen
      July 25th, 2011 @ 7:42 am

I agree with most of the other comments, except the comment that formal night should be a free for all; if you do not want to dress formally, please eat in the lido. I have one to add. Folks who insist on wearing their robe to the pool and the buffet. This practice is downright creepy.

46. Debbie
      July 25th, 2011 @ 8:40 am

What really bothers me is people in the buffet. Not watching where they are going, and just walking into people and not caring. I must say pardon me 20 times and it flys over there heads. Also people pushing or just skipping in front of my Special needs son.
      Chair hogs by the pool who put there books and towel on the chair, walk away, and don’t come back for hours at a time. That should be regulated by the staff. Being rude to the staff is just so unacceptable, they work so darn hard.

47. dutchman
      July 25th, 2011 @ 8:53 am

Every one of these items you can walk away from instead of doing the B and M dance. Some are never as bad as is complained about. All items have been around for 20 years +, Today we just have alot more people complaine about everything they can think of. Not just in cruiseing.

48. Stewart
      July 25th, 2011 @ 12:02 pm

@Linda Connor, I strongly disagree with your fallacious statement that New Yorkers are among the rudest cruisers. I am from NY myself and I know how to be courteous. Trying to stereotype all new yorkers as rude is immature and naive. How polite you are is not entirely dependent on where you are from.

49. Philipp'
      July 25th, 2011 @ 6:01 pm

Worst was on a cruise around South America, where I was warned the children were the worst behaved. At the buffet (which I usually avoid), a chubby child started to lean across my tray. I told him (in English), \Don’t lean across my tray.\ He left, and the angry father came back, asking me in bad English what I told his child. I told him that I asked his child not to lean over my food. He went away (I suspect to think about what I said), then came back and said, \wha’? You say my son haf yerms?\ I then reacted cooly, and correctly, calling out \security!\. They appeared in seconds, and I told them this man was threatening me. One guy talked to him, and the other talked to me. I told him calmly about my polite interraction, and the hot response. THey escorted the man away, and advised me not to sit nearby (for my own safety). Naturally, I had already planned to eat in a better environment. CHildren? Keep them in the cabin on hooks!

50. Betty
      July 26th, 2011 @ 8:32 am

One pet peeve I have (People walking in the main areas of ship, other than poolside, barefoot and no cover-up. This looks downright cheesy. Another one is people sitting around with their barefeet on the chair or couch or even worse sprawled out on couches in public areas sleeping.

51. SANDIP
      August 3rd, 2011 @ 8:59 am

Pet Peeves
      1) People using their hands at the buffet.
      2) Staff complaining or arguing.
      3) People not understanding that if someone doesn’t understand your language talking louder will not help.
      4) There are so few times that you get to really dress up in real life, go for it on formal night.

52. Seven
      August 8th, 2011 @ 7:08 am

For me it’s rude / disruptive children. We booked a cruise during term time but a surprising number of kids were on board. We preferred the main dining room and all the kids who ate there were very well behaved. The buffet was a different story. I personally prefer the dining room so never used the buffet but one morning we missed breakfast so had to go there. So many kids running about unsupervised, shouting, screaming etc. I don’t mind a bit of noise and fun as kids are kids, but really bugging other people trying to eat breakfast is a different matter.

Also some kids made a real nuisance of themselves when the shows or films were on. The cruise line made a note of it a few times in the daily newsletter asking parents to control their kids.

53. tishavens
      August 11th, 2011 @ 4:21 pm

Pet peeve: cruisers who think they are “entitled” and ditch common courtesy because they are older then me. Or younger. or richer. or disabled. Or “because I paid good money to be here” (guess what, so did I!)

(before you rant on me as a hater of the disabled or elderly… please understand I cheerfully hold doors, assist when I see a need, etc… my beef is against the people who use it to excuse rudeness or to demand preferential treatment they don’t actually need… and those who pay no mind to anyone else’s comfort or needs but their own.)

Being on vacation doesn’t mean you can leave your common courtesy and the Golden Rule at the dock… you are no more entitled to anything on the ship than any of us other 2,000+ passengers.

Also, remember the staff are human beings too. The golden rule should still fully apply when interacting with them!

54. Mike Booth
      September 18th, 2011 @ 2:02 pm

I observed a man that had several bad behaviors.
      1st He was complaining to the Purser that the lock was not working on the three seperate rooms they had attemted to assign to him. He was now threating law suits, etc.
      The Purser made arrangements to have the lock fixed. After he left the desk, I asked the Purser “let me guess, inside cabin trying to get a free upgrade? The response was a knowing discussting smile.
      2nd This fellow was a name dropper about all the captains he new “Personally”
      3rd The top of uncouth was in the cafe one breakfast when he sat down a tray with a half empty glass of OJ, and walked over to the coffee urn. The steward doing his excellent job, picked up his abandoned tray. When he returned, you would have thought someone had deeply offened him, and than loudly spouted off about the lousy service.
      Get a life “Angry Man”

55. Joe
      September 27th, 2011 @ 10:37 am

If I could ban one type of cruiser it would be all those who belong to CC who whine & cry about each and every little thing. From the kids to the hogs to the smokers to the fee added items and each and everything else!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

Give me a bloody break, you are supposed to be on a VACATION having FUN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I suspect that the main reason a lot of CC’ers cruise is for the sole purpose of then reporting the the CC world about how much of a rotten time they had!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Man oh man there are so many in this world that would trade places with you whiners & criers in a NY Minute for just ONE VACATION!!!!!!

This is the kind of person I would ban not only from crusing but from any vacation at all, they have no appreciation for what they have!!!!!!!!!!!

56. Joe
      September 27th, 2011 @ 10:40 am

Philipp’ how about we keep you in a cabin on a hook. Wow talk about insensitive!!!!!!!!!!!!

57. John
      October 21st, 2011 @ 6:58 am

I’ve been on enough cruises over the last 13 years to know everyone sails on a cruise with the intention of having a phenomenal holiday. That being said, I can’t help but mention the rude parents and guardians that permit their children to run freely around the pool, splashing other pax trying to enjoy the pool. Sorry but there is a kids pool area on almost every ship…tend to your kids, especially when you see its a bother to other pax.

58. Michael Colter
      January 16th, 2012 @ 9:02 am

Rude diners of all types. There is plenty of food and reasonable time to enjoy it. What is the point of lining up early, filling plate(s) to overflowing, being loud with the omlete guy, not dressing appropriately (per the ships suggestions and like other diners) in the dining rooms. There were times I was embarrassed to be American.

59. Fancy
      July 18th, 2012 @ 4:09 pm

1. Unruly passengers whether they be children or adults as well as people at the buffet touching food with their hands and then putting back.
      2. Passengers rude to the staff. They work VERY hard to accommodate with little or no thanks.
      3. Thick, stiffling smoke in the casino!
      4. Passengers who party all times of the night, making loud noises as they walk the hallways, with no consideration for those who are trying to rest in their cabins.

I do realize that I’m not the only one onboard trying to enjoy my vacation but there seems to be a lack of consideration for others. Good manners should always be exhibited!