1-1/2 lb beef tenderloin
1 tbsp chopped rosemary
1 tbsp chopped thyme
1 tbsp olive oil
1/2 cup DRAMBUIE®
1/8 cup chopped chives
1/3 bunch flat-leaf parsley,
Morel Mushroom Sauce
1 1-oz package dried morel
1/8 cup unsalted butter
2 tbsp olive oil
1 tbsp balsamic vinegar
6 tbsp veal jus
Cubed unsalted butter
1 potato sliced 1/4-inch thick
16 cherry tomatoes
1/4 lb asparagus spears
Olive oil for sauteing
Herb Crusted Drambuie Soaked Tenderloin with Morel Mushroom Sauce
Editor's note: An easy-to-find substitute for veal jus is beef stock.
1. Tie beef tenderloin firmly with butcher's string at 3/4-inch intervals. This will help the tenderloin retain its shape even after cooking while preventing excessive shrinkage.
2. Marinate beef with rosemary, thyme, olive oil, and a pinch each of salt and pepper. Soak in DRAMBUIE® Liqueur for 30 minutes (reserve liquid afterward for Step 6).
3. Sear tenderloin on all sides in a heavy cast iron saute pan; roast at 325 degrees for about 10 to 12 minutes until just pink in the middle. Transfer beef to a tray and remove the butcher's string.
4. Spread chopped chives and parsley all over beef tenderloin and rest for 5 minutes before portioning into 4 servings.
5. For the sauce, reconstitute the dried mushrooms by soaking them in water (check package instructions); wash and trim as needed. Sweat the reconstituted mushrooms in a pan at medium high heat with the butter and olive oil.
6. Deglaze pan with reserved DRAMBUIE® Liqueur and reduce by a third. Add veal jus and balsamic vinegar; reduce further until a rich syrupy consistency is achieved. Pass sauce through a fine sieve and whisk in a few cubes of cold butter. Keep morel mushrooms aside until ready to use.
7. Roast potato slices at 400 degrees for 10 to 15 minutes until golden brown and cooked; season with salt and pepper.
8. Saute tomatoes and asparagus in a bit of olive oil; season with salt and pepper.
9. Serve sliced tenderloin with potato slices, sauteed vegetables and sauce
Recipe: Herb Crusted Drambuie Soaked Tenderloin with Morel Mushroom Sauce
Get the Secrets the Lines Don't Tell
+ deals, tips and reviews in your inbox