Nearly everyone has a favorite cruise ship. In this chart, we outline the key distinctions among the 10 most popular cruise ships in the industry. Look for highlights of onboard accommodations, dining and entertainment, as well as ship itineraries. Don't have a favorite cruise just yet? Our picks just might inspire you to find the perfect vacation match.
Want more info about Anthem of the Seas or Norwegian Getaway? Click on the vessel name for a comprehensive expert review and hundreds of reader-submitted critiques, or the camera icon for a photo tour of the ship.
The 5,400-passenger Allure builds on the blueprint introduced by its sister, Oasis. Both ships feature attractions like ziplining and a handmade wooden carousel, but Allure has its own twists, including a Brazilian churascarria and the Broadway show "Mamma Mia!".
- 20-plus cabin categories ranging from insides to suites
- "In-facing" balconies
- Suites include lofts, two-bedrooms overlooking the AquaTheater
- 20-plus dining options
- Johnny Rockets burgers, hot dog joint
- Alternative venues: Japanese, Italian, steakhouse, Mexican
- Coney Island-style Boardwalk with carousel
- Outdoor AquaTheater for daredevil diving shows
- "Beach" and "sports" pools, plus H2O zone for kids
Norwegian Getaway, which debuted in 2014, is a Miami-inspired ship that sails year-round from that port. You'll notice touches of South Beach throughout: the Tropicana room, designed as a 1940s Havana supper club; the Flamingo Grill, serving Cuban food; and Burn the Floor with a Havana nights theme and sultry Latin dancing.
Deployment: Cruises to the Caribbean
- 2,014 cabins in 11 main categories, some adjoining and wheelchair-accessible
- Cabins are energy efficient, requiring key cards to operate lighting and power
- 59 Studio cabins for solos
- 27 restaurants, indoors and out
- Celebrity chef-inspired venues include Ocean Blue and Carlo's Bakery
- Three complimentary main dining rooms
- Ice Bar (literally the coolest spot onboard)
- Sky Trail ropes course with an eight-foot-long plank
- Kids' pool, adults-only deck and five water slides