4 whole Maine lobster tails, with shell
1-1/2 litres lobster stock
1 lemon, cut in half
1-3/4 oz scallions
2 tsp kosher salt, divided into 3 parts
6 oz BACARDI® LIMÓN™ Flavoured Rum
4 oz olive oil, divided into 2 parts
2 oz lemon juice
2 tbsp chopped dill
2 tbsp freshly ground black pepper
2 oz orange juice concentrate
2 oz fresh orange juice
4 tbsp red wine vinegar
2 oz finely chopped shallots
3-1/2 oz diced mango
1-3/4 oz diced red bell pepper
1-3/4 oz finely chopped red onion
1-3/4 oz finely chopped chives
4 avocado boats
1 oz orange halves
3/4 oz julienned cantaloupe
3/4 oz julienned tomato, peeled and deseeded
4 tomato slabs, peeled and deseeded
4 thinly sliced cucumbers
2-3/4 oz garden salad
BACARDI® LIMÓN™ Touched Maine Lobster Tail
1. Insert two skewers into each lobster tail to prevent the tail from curling.
2. Put the lobster stock in a deep pan with lemon and scallions; season with one part salt and poach until cooked through.
3. Remove the skewer from the lobster and its shell and cut into medallions.
4. Marinate lobster medallions in one part of each: rum, olive oil, salt, pepper and dill.
5. Make vinaigrette by mixing orange juice concentrate, orange juice, red wine vinegar, shallots and remaining salt and pepper in a bowl; divide vinaigrette into two equal parts.
6. Mix mango, red pepper, red onion, chives and half of the vinaigrette together.
7. Fill each avocado with orange halves, tomatoes and cantaloupe.
8. Put a lobster medallion on each avocado and top with the mango mixture.
9. Lay a tomato slab on the left side of the avocado.
10. Fill a cucumber ring with mixed greens on top of the tomato.
11. Pour the remaining vinaigrette into four shot glasses and place one glass at each plate.
Editor's note: Measurements have been converted from the metric system and are approximate.
Recipe: Rum Touched Maine Lobster Tail
Get the Secrets the Lines Don't Tell
+ deals, tips and reviews in your inbox