The Independent Traveler, Inc. is a publisher of online travel resources and travel forums producing three popular travel sites: Cruise Critic, Family Vacation Critic and IndependentTraveler.com. These sites reach a combined audience of more than five million unique visitors per month.
The company is a subsidiary of TripAdvisor, Inc. with offices in central new Jersey, near Princeton. We offer a rewarding and enjoyable entrepreneurial environment with opportunities for professional development and growth, competitive salary and comprehensive benefits.
To apply for one of the following job openings please email your cover letter to email@example.com indicating the position you wish to apply for. Due to the volume of applications we receive we are unable to respond to all inquiries.
Cruise Critic does not hire staff to work onboard ships. Please contact cruise lines directly for information about cruise ship jobs.
Inside Sales Rep
Position:Software Engineer â€“ Travel Web Sites
Location: Pennington, New Jersey â€“ (near Princeton, NJ)
Education Required: Bachelors
Experience Required: 5-7 Years
Relocation Provided: To be determined
We are a growing, dynamic and fun company, seeking a highly motivated and experienced PHP/LAMP developer to join our software development team.
The ideal candidate is highly motivated, passionate about new web technologies, and will enjoy working closely with our product development, content and marketing teams to development new features for our Web sites. This position requires being able to communicate well with both technical and non-technical staff, be committed to delivering quality work on an aggressive schedule, and must be able to function independently as well as part of a collaborative team.
- 5-7 years server side web development in LAMP, PHP 4.x OR 5.x multi-tiered environment
- Ability to write code quickly and accurately
- Object-oriented development and design patterns, rapid build and release cycles are a must
- Must document code faithfully and take good coding practices seriously
- Experience with version control software such as SVN or CVS
- MySQL and RDBMS proficiency; Microsoft SQL a plus
- Strong object-oriented programming skills and design pattern knowledge
- vBulletin and Cold Fusion knowledge a plus
Bachelorâ€™s degree from a four-year
college or university
Position:Inside Sales Rep - Cruise Critic
We are looking for a smart and energetic inside sales representative to help grow the company's rapidly expanding CPM/display advertising business. The successful candidate must be aggressive, creative, resourceful and must enjoy working in a highly entrepreneurial environment. The position requires sales, communication and organization skills, as well as a gift for developing professional relationships. S/he will be responsible for hitting monthly, quarterly and annual sales targets. The successful candidate will be working in our Pennington, NJ office.
- 2+ years experience of sales experience (digital advertising sales a plus)
- 1+ years of experience in the online media industry
- Experience working successfully and energetically on the phone, via email and in groups
- Motivated by working independently; self-starter
- Strong analytical skills
- Excellent online, written and verbal communications skills
- Strong organizational and multi-tasking skills
- Experienced business judgment: Must be positive, persistent and professional
- Bachelors degree required
- Teamwork skills essential; sense of humor required; overdeveloped sales egos must be checked at the door
- Experience with DART or other ad server as well as Salesforce, and Microsoft Office Suite of Products
In addition, the ideal candidate will possess the following competencies:
- Openness to change and new information.
- Recognizes own strengths and weakness
- Ability to collaborate with others, build trusting relationships and deliver projects on time and within budget
- Excellent problem solving skills
- Sense of corporate responsibility and commitment
- Ability to respond appropriately to needs, feelings, and capabilities of different people
- Capacity to understand and utilize metrics relevant to role
- Ability to express facts and ideas in a clear, convincing and organized manner
- Excellent business acumen
- Aptitude to partner with other departments and varying levels of staff and management
- Ability to take direction, effectively lead projects and motivate others to achieve department/company goals
The Independent Traveler, Inc., is publisher of travel Web sites including Cruise Critic, the largest cruise site of its kind, reaching over five million unique visitors each year. The Independent Traveler, Inc. is a subsidiary of TripAdvisor, the largest travel community in the world. We offer a rewarding and enjoyable entrepreneurial environment with opportunities for professional development and growth, competitive salary and comprehensive benefits. We are located in central New Jersey, near Princeton.
United States-New Jersey-Pennington
Independent Traveler and Cruise Critic