The Independent Traveler, Inc. is a publisher of online travel resources and travel forums producing three popular travel sites: Cruise Critic, Family Vacation Critic and IndependentTraveler.com. These sites reach a combined audience of more than five million unique visitors per month.
The company is a subsidiary of TripAdvisor, Inc. with offices in central new Jersey, near Princeton. We offer a rewarding and enjoyable entrepreneurial environment with opportunities for professional development and growth, competitive salary and comprehensive benefits.
To apply for one of the following job openings please email your cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org indicating the position you wish to apply for. Due to the volume of applications we receive we are unable to respond to all inquiries.
Cruise Critic does not hire staff to work onboard ships. Please contact cruise lines directly for information about cruise ship jobs.
Position: Software Engineer - Travel Web Sites
Location: Ewing, New Jersey - (near Princeton, NJ)
Education Required: Bachelors
Experience Required: 5-7 Years
Relocation Provided: To be determined
We are a growing, dynamic and fun company, seeking a highly motivated and experienced PHP/LAMP developer to join our software development team.
The ideal candidate is highly motivated, passionate about new web technologies, and will enjoy working closely with our product development, content and marketing teams to development new features for our Web sites. This position requires being able to communicate well with both technical and non-technical staff, be committed to delivering quality work on an aggressive schedule, and must be able to function independently as well as part of a collaborative team.
- 5-7 years server side web development in LAMP, PHP 4.x OR 5.x multi-tiered environment
- Ability to write code quickly and accurately
- Object-oriented development and design patterns, rapid build and release cycles are a must
- Must document code faithfully and take good coding practices seriously
- Experience with version control software such as SVN or CVS
- MySQL and RDBMS proficiency; Microsoft SQL a plus
- Strong object-oriented programming skills and design pattern knowledge
- vBulletin and Cold Fusion knowledge a plus
Bachelor's degree from a four-year college or university
Position: SEM Analyst
Location: Ewing, New Jersey - (near Princeton, NJ)
Our Traffic Acquisition team is passionate about global search engine marketing. Are you? Our team is high-energy, analytical, modest, and inquisitive and we are looking for a smart and experienced marketing professional to serve as Search Marketing Analyst. This position is responsible for analyzing our reach with thorough reports on our search engine marketing efforts.
- Working closely with the team to identify optimization strategies to increase profit generated per search engine referral.
- Work with a cross-functional team of search marketing analysts to establish priorities and define strategies to reach profit and referrals goals across multiple points of sale.
- Communicating performance progress to goals, key issues and new initiatives to the team.
- Working with key constituents across our organization including senior management as well as engineering, commerce, product and sales teams.
- Measuring performance of new initiatives and identifying key areas of improvement - including ad text, meta descriptions, page titles and landing page optimization.
- Monitoring the competitive landscape, identifying and implementing new strategies in search marketing to increase profit and referrals.
- Establishing, communicating and maintaining a reporting suite measuring KPIs for SEO, SEM and Email performance.
- Locating top performing keywords and monitor natural search rankings daily.
- Minimum 2-4 relevant years of experience including at least 1+ years SEM experience.
- Specific experience in successfully creating and managing large keyword lists.
- Established mastery of Excel.
- Excellent presentation skills.
- Experienced business judgment
- Highly detail-oriented and analytic skills absolutely required
- Excellent communication skills at all levels of an organization.
- Bachelor's degree required
- Flexible and open to change and new information; adapts behavior and work methods accordingly
- Grasps the essence of new information; recognizes own strengths and weaknesses; pursues self-development; seeks feedback.
- Exhibits integrity though fair and ethical behavior toward others and a demonstrated sense of corporate responsibility and commitment.
- Treats colleagues and partners with respect: considers and responds appropriately to the needs, feelings, and capabilities of different people
- Can be relied upon to ensure that projects within areas of specific responsibility are completed in an appropriate and timely manner and acknowledges mistakes, learns from those events and is able to move forward productively
- Identifies and analyzes problems; distinguishes between relevant and irrelevant information.
- Ability to balance time to market with a solution and make the right trade-offs along the way
- Strong analytical skills: understands and utilizes metrics relevant to role
- Clear communication through expression of facts and ideas in a clear, convincing and organized manner
- Good business judgment when making decisions and always considers the relevance/impact of each decision on the business
The Independent Traveler, Inc., is publisher of travel Web sites including Cruise Critic, the largest cruise site of its kind, reaching over five million unique visitors each year. The Independent Traveler, Inc. is a subsidiary of TripAdvisor, the largest travel community in the world. We offer a rewarding and enjoyable entrepreneurial environment with opportunities for professional development and growth, competitive salary and comprehensive benefits. We are located in central New Jersey, near Princeton.
- United States: Ewing, New Jersey
- The Independent Traveler, Inc.
No phone calls.